Format & Call Letters
Classic Rock - 96.3 WXKE-FM
96.3 XKE is not an era of music – it's a state of mind.
96.3 XKE is Fort Wayne’s Heritage Classic Rock Station playing the great music of the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s.
Reach over 76,000 active consumers each week with 96.3XKE. 96.3 XKE targets affluent Men 25-64.
96.3XKE is the region's only “Classic Rock” station. Fort Wayne’s Heritage rock station,
WXKE is now Northeastern Indiana’s only Classic Rock station, with a new, higher tower and more power since switching from 103.9 FM to 96.3 FM. Live and local classic rock music targets adults 25-54, with a focus on men. The only Classic Rock station in Northeast Indiana, now with a bigger coverage map reaching into northwest Ohio, and southeast Michigan.
Classic Artists: 96.3 XKE plays AC/DC, Aerosmith, Tom Petty, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, ZZ Top, Led Zeppelin, and much more.
96.3 XKE's Classic Rock music format has also become a very popular "at work" choice for listeners.
96.3 XKE allows advertisers to reach a large consumer group that can’t be reached with any other station.
96.3 XKE's Classic Rock music format continues to be one of the most top rated formats in America for advertisers.
96.3 XKE's is designed to reach active consumers in their prime spending years.
96.3-XKE personalities include the locally known and trusted Doc West, voted most popular FORT WAYNE radio personality 10 of the last 12 years by the local Entertainment Magazine readers poll on from 10a-3p, PM drive with JJ Fabini, and evenings with Jason Lee. Start your mornings with Free Beer & Hot Wings!
96.3 XKE's Classic Rock is a format that has proven itself to be timeless!
96.3 XKE has a wide demographic appeal with consumers who have purchasing power!
Age Composition: Over 75% of Classic Rock listeners in America fall into the 25-64 age group.
Ages: 18-34 15.3%
Ages: 18-44 33.4%
Ages: 25-54 52.7%
Ages: 35-64 64.3%
Gender: 71% of 96.3 XKE listeners are male while over 29% are female.
Household Income: Classic Rock listeners in America have high earning power.
- Over 30% of Classic Rock listeners in America have an income of over $75,000.
- Almost 25% of Classic Rock listeners in America have an income of $50,000 -$74,999.
- Over 26% of Classic Rock listeners in America have an income of $25,000 - $49,999.
- Over 55% of Classic Hit listeners have an annual household income of over $50,000 a year.
Occupation: Over 30% are employed as Owners, Managers or Professionals, 15% are employed as Tradespeople, 13% are employed in the Sales and Service industry and 12% are employed as Administrators or Clerical staff.
Education: 96.3 XKE listeners are well educated.
- Over 27% are College graduates.
- Over 32% have attended community college.
- Over 34% have a high school diploma.
Get your message out to thousands of potential new customers each week with 96.3 XKE.
96.3 XKE listeners are in their prime earning and spending years.
Home: 96.3 XKE targets homeowners. A huge category with these consumers is home improvement and home decorating.
Home Spending: Started or completed in the past 2 years
- Interior painting/wallpaper
- Landscaping or yard improvements
- Exterior painting/staining
- Energy conservation projects
- Floor tiles or vinyl flooring
- Installed windows or doors
- Other home projects
96.3 XKE targets listeners with purchasing power in the Fort Wayne area.
96.3 XKE Listeners
96.3 XKE is one of the most powerful performing formats for advertisers today!
- Purchase a wide variety of electronic devices including computers, tablets, smartphones, MP3 players, video games, HDTVs, digital video recorders (TiVo), and digital cameras.
- Are big consumers of furniture, major appliances, and automobiles.
- Purchased fine and costume jewelry, cosmetics, perfume, and skincare products.
- Enjoy going out to restaurants often every month. Over 50% go out more than 5 to 6 times a month.
- In the past year purchased men's and women's clothing, infant and children's clothing, men's and women's shoes, and accessories.
Investments: 96.3 XKE targets listeners who have high incomes and invest in real estate, mutual funds, stocks/bonds, retirement programs, savings accounts, etc.
Activity:96.3 XKE attracts listeners who are actively participating in exercise and fitness, boating, biking, golfing, camping, hiking, and going to the cottage on weekends. These listeners dine out frequently, attend local and regional sporting events and concerts.
96.3 XKE has a wide demographic appeal with consumers who have large purchasing power!
• Classic Rock Café
• Acoustic Storm Sunday mornings
• 5 PM Traffic Jam with JJ, M-F
• Sammy Hagar’s Top Rock Countdown Sat and Sun
• House of Hair – Dee Snider Sat and Sun
• Morning Headlines, Road Rage Traffic, and Weather
• The Free Beer and Hot Wings Show
• Six Pack Sponsorship – Six Songs in a Row at the top of every hour.
96.3 XKE Programming
"The Free Beer & Hot Wings Show" delivers funny, real, and honest entertainment each weekday morning.
Each day the shows’ hosts, four guys at various stages of their own personal evolution, talk about life with lots of humor.
On-air 5am-10am on weekdays and on Saturdays 5am-10am.
"Sammy Hagar'sTop Rock Countdown" is a 2-hour weekly show where Sammy counts down anything he wants.
One week might be his favorite party songs, the next his favorite band NOT in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame or the best songs from a year or decade.
Saturday nights 8 pm to10pm and Sunday nights from 7 pm to 9 pm.
"The House of Hair with Dee Snider" is a nationally syndicated radio program, airing weekly on 963 XKE.
Dee Snider, Twisted Sister frontman, serves as the show's host. The House of Hair features heavy metal, glam metal, and hard rock, mostly from the 1980s and early 1990s, though occasionally from the 1960s and 1970s as well.
Saturday nights 10 pm to 1 am and Sunday nights from 9 pm to midnight.
We Are Fort Wayne
96.3 XKE is committed to super-serving the community. The station has a strong focus on local events, issues, entertainment, civic functions, as well as, charitable causes. We take pride in being an important part of the fabric of our community. At 96.3 XKE we love taking part in community events and getting behind local causes that affect our listeners.
96.3 XKE is extremely proud of its commitment as the community radio station that actively supports hundreds of worthwhile causes.
96.3 XKE Coverage Map
To Learn More How Radio Can Help
Grow Your Business Click Here